KALE, PURPLE CABBAGE & CARROT SLAW WITH A SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE
Perfect served with:
Prep Time 20 mins/ serves 6 people.
- 1 bag curly kale
- 1 small head purple cabbage
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the kale and pat dry. Remove any tough inner ribs. Working in batches, pulse a few times in a food processor until finely chopped (keep large enough for texture). Put into a large bowl.
- Remove the tough outer leaves of the head of the cabbage. Slice in half and trim away the white, tough inner core. Slice into chunks and load into a food processor, working in batches depending on the size of your food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add chopped cabbage to the bowl.
- Peel the carrots and trim the ends. Slice into 1-inch pieces and pulse in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the carrots to the bowl of cabbage and kale.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the minced shallots and Dijon mustard. Add the red wine vinegar and whisk to combine. Very slowly, pour in the olive oil, whisking vigorously as you do so, to emulsify the vinaigrette. Pour over the slaw, and ensure the dressing coats the slaw evenly.