Although we are a small business, we have a big heart. Here at Kirsty’s we want our impact on the planet to be a positive one which means we are fully committed to taking care of our beautiful planet and the people within it.
We choose to focus on lots of small, but meaningful actions which we carry out on a daily basis in order to make a big difference in the long run.
Caring about our food waste
We love food and we really don’t want it to go to waste
So here’s a few steps we have put in place to limit our waste:
- We have set ourselves a target of less than 0.5% of food waste in our factory, which we will review ourselves against every 6 months.
- All finished meals that are destined to become food waste are donated to local food banks in Yorkshire & Lancashire or Age Concern.
- We will donate 1% of our profits through Food donations which equates to over 50,000 meals each year.
- We also make sure that any food waste from our staff is segregated and recycled.
Caring about our energy use
We understand the huge importance of energy efficiency so to ensure we are using energy more carefully, we are:
- Only using LED lighting in our factory which typically reduces energy consumption by 70%.
- Segregating our waste to maximise recycling rates.
- Ensuring all our packaging in 100% recyclable and also investigating ways to increase our use of recycled materials.
We are also committed to:
- Reducing our energy consumption & CO2 output through being more energy efficient.
- Only working with transport partners who have stretching CO2 reduction targets in place.
- Working towards removing all unsustainable ingredients from our dishes, this year we are removing all Soya from our meals.